Author Name: admin
Every Filipino knows how amazing this coconut based chicken dish is especially when the gata (coconut sauce) is poured over the rice. This is a good casserole dish in which the chicken pieces absorb the coconut sauce. The sauce itself has a hint of ginger which adds a kick to the entire flavor.
5 lbs - chicken drumsticks
3 tablespoons - canola oil
1/2 cup - ginger (sliced)
1 tbsp - chicken powder
2 - 14 oz cans Coconut milk (add one more can if you want more sauce)
1 - 10 ounce pack frozen chopped spinach (thawed/drained)
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat canola oil over medium heat. Saute ginger slices until lightly browned. Remove ginger and set aside.
3. Add and place chicken in skillet over medium-high heat without crowding. Stir fry until chicken is lightly brown on all sides.
4. Add the ginger back to the skillet. Add coconut milk and bring to a boil.
5. Add and stir in the chicken powder then cover skillet with the lid tilted as to allow steam to escape. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until chicken is fully cooked.
6. Stir in the spinach. Continue to let simmer but uncovered this time until spinach is cooked (this should take about 8 to 10 minutes). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve with rice.